Thursday, October 6, 2011

Intro to Ministry

September 1, 2011

Dear Friends:

This year has been an exciting year for me. I would love to share with you what

God has been doing in my life.

In June, I attended Candidate Course for Overseas Missionary Fellowship (OMF) in Toronto and was accepted as an Appointee Member for long-term service in East Asia. OMF has been praying for 900 new workers over a five year period (2006-2011). I am excited that I get to be just one example of the Lord’s answer to their prayers.

My desire is to serve the Lord in a member care or counseling role to missionaries and their children. To help prepare myself, I am studying part-time for my Masters of Professional Counseling from Liberty University. Knowing it would take at least two years of Partnership Development before I would be cleared to go to Asia, I was approached by and accepted by OMF Canada to serve as a Missionary on Home Staff as the administrator for their short-term missions program (Serve Asia). They see my role as Serve Asia Administrator as not only strategic, but also a good way to transition into ministry with OMF. They affirm my call to a member care role in East Asia and will continue to work with me towards a departure for Asia by mid-2013. I will update you as plans unfold.


Hudson Taylor, the founder of OMF International (then known as the China Inland Mission), has said, “God’s work, done in God’s way, will never lack God’s supply.” OMF continues to share his confidence in God and also his philosophy that God’s provision through His people confirms His direction as to whether an individual is indeed called to serve in a specific ministry program.

In this first communication with you, I am anxious to build my prayer team and develop a listing of those wanting to follow my steps towards service in Asia. If you would like to continue receiving my communications or would like further information about OMF, I can be contacted by:

Jen’s Contact

414 – 20 Graydon Hall Dr.,
Toronto, ON M3A 2Z9
Cell: 647-223-3952
E-Mail: Oates_jen@hotmail.com
Blog:
jen-journeytoasia.blogspot.com

OMF Canada Contact
21 – 5155 Spectrum Way
Mississauga, ON L4W 5A1
Website: www.omf.org/canada
Phone #: 905-568-9971
E-Mail: gwynmatthews@bellnet.ca

Blessings,

Jennifer Oates

No comments:

Post a Comment