Monday, October 17, 2011

PL 2 - Announcement

JEN'S JOURNEY



Praise

- Appointment to Thailand

- A good start to partner development

- For the wonderful friends who have been continuously praying for me

Prayer

- Strength as I start another course

- That I will continue to learn all that is needed for my job

- As we prepare for Christmas Events at church

- As I continue Partner Development

- That I would continue to be in good health

GOAL

25 Dedicated Prayer Supporters by the End of 2011
365 Prayer Supporters by my Departure to Thailand!

If you are interested in joining my prayer team please let me know


Where I Am Now!

It is a good thing I love a challenge because this job offers a lot of that. There is so much to learn and so many things going on all the time. I had the opportunity to visit Tyndale University and Seminary this month for their Ministry Fair. I met some amazing people and was able to make some new contacts.

This month I was also able to participate in the CIBC Walk for the Cure with my family in honour of my Aunt Pat, Grandma Oates and another close friend. It was a wonderful time of visiting and catching up with them over lunch after the walk. I even beat my previous time for the 5k walk (2010 – 57 min. 2011 – 49min.). Next year I will do even better.

I am presently starting to prepare and gather all the information for the 2012 teams and working on getting those heading out in early 2012 ready for their trips.

Your continued prayers for strength and quick learning are greatly appreciated.

Where I Am Going!

So it is Official! I am headed to Thailand. I received my field acceptance and am now an appointee to Thailand. I know many people already knew that was where I wanted to go but one of the steps in the long process is getting the approval from the field that they will accept me. It is so nice to feel wanted.

After a year of language and culture training I will be working with the International school in Chiang Mai (North Thailand) with Third Culture Kids. These are the children of missionaries and expatriates that attend the school. I will be working in the residence. This will be my placement for the first term of service.

And Now

For now I am continuing Partnership Development and will be looking for places where I can do presentations. I am working on presentations for small groups and churches. If you would be interested in hosting a small group or know of a place where I could do a presentation, please let me know.

I am involved in my church and will be continuing with that involvement as well.

I will also be headed back to classes (online through Liberty University) starting at the end of October.

OMF International, 5155 Spectrum Way, Bldg. 21, Mississauga, ON. L4W 5A1

Toll Free: 1(888) 657-8010

E-Mail: Oates_jen@hotmail.com

Address: 20 Graydon Hall Drive, Apt. 414, Toronto, ON, M3A 2Z9

Cell: 647-223-3952

Blog: http://jen-journeytoasia.blogspot.com, Skype: jen.oates7,


No comments:

Post a Comment